TMLC's Quarantine Playlist!
When you've had enough of news, projections, stress, and worry; turning down the noise and turning up the music can be just what's in order.
This week we've put together a list of the songs that make our team smile. This list features a broad range of music, reflecting our diverse team, with a little something for everyone.
I've enjoyed listening to their choices and hope this might inspire you to put together a playlist including favorites from your friends and family as well! Here they are in no particular order:
- Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen - This selection by James will get just about any room singing along!
- Love on Top by Beyonce - This song I learned was the recessional song at Bren's wedding.
- Eye of the Storm by Ryan Stevenson - This song of praise was chosen by Mike McGuire in our irrigation department. It's a song of peace, and trusting in God in those moments when we are in troubled times.
- Whatever it Takes by Imagine Dragons - This song was definitely new to me. Added to our list by Morgan, a newer team member on TMLC's team it's definitely an upbeat and positive tune.
- Billie Jean by Michael Jackson - Yomi Williams selected this as his song that always makes him sing along. "If it comes on, you just can't help but stop and listen. It's classic"
- Macarena by Los del Rio - Just hearing the name of this song put a smile on my face! A contribution to our list by Luis Perez who serves as a foreman for commercial maintenance accounts. I'll be honest, I didn't play this one because I know it'd be stuck in my head all day! Maybe this weekend we'll teach the dance to Griffin.
- Sunday Morning by Maroon 5 - Taylor chose this song I can definitely get on board. It has a relaxing feeling and I can see it playing while Cassie and I play a board game in the living room!
- Feeling Alright by Rebelution - Another song that was definitely new to me, this one was chosen by Josh Jackson in our lawn health department. It has a light, easy sound, definitely feel-good music. It made me nostalgic for an afternoon at the beach!
- Happy by Pharell Williams - "Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth" I'm not sure that a song can get more positive and feel good with lyrics like this. Thank you to Bionca, our project department coordinator for the pick!
- Until I Pass Out by Uncle Reece - Herbert Williams chose this song for our list by American Christian hip-hop performer Uncle Reece. It's a different style song of worship that brings a smile to his heart when he hears it.
- Change Your Mind by Sister Hazel - My personal pick was born right here in Gainesville, and has inspired a book, a local coffee shop (CYMplify), and a movement. This song is about changing your focus, which changes your attitude, and can change your life. "Did you ever think there was another way to feel better about today?"