WHOA! GNV Pocast Interview w/ Rusty - Humble, Hungry, and People Smart
Rusty Thompson of The Master's Lawn Care vists the WHOA! GNV Podcast and shares how he keeps this labor-intensive business fresh and qualifies team members to ensure a terrific service!
5:30 - Rusty, tell us your story.
9:51 - Is The Master’s Lawn Care a franchise?
10:47 - What has been the biggest whoa factor in your business career?
13:02 - What got you interested in the lawn care business in the first place?
14:35 - Talk to us about the competition in the market?
17:00 - What is one thing you have experienced that you never thought would happen?
18:16 - Has more sales meant more profit for you?
22:09 - Does the team get paid per job?
23:06 - What is your quality control system?
25:09 - How often do you check each truck’s GPS on your crew?
29:29 - Have you experienced a spike with COVID?
33:03 - Did you have any clients cancel?
34:05 - Did the cost of the job change because of the virus?
34:57 - Does the neighborhood lawn kid still exist?
35:54 - Are your sales up or down since last year?
39:52 - How has your leadership changed since you started?
47:41 - How do you get someone so passionate about a base level job?
51:36 - Are you doing assessments to qualify your employees?
53:36 - How do you qualify people for high labor jobs?
55:25 - How do you make sure people are not overheating on the job?
56:50 - What is your go-to advice for a new entrepreneur?
57:43 - Where is your time as a leader being spent?
58:32 - How long did it take you to identify your weaknesses?
1:03:54 - Where can our audience connect with you?
1:04:45 - What are lawn tips you have for those who do their own lawn?
- - - - -
Subscribe to WHOA! GNV YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW1tLSw2Z5MB6Yebj_2pDJA?sub_confirmation=1
CONNECT WITH RUSTY AND THE MASTER'S LAWN CARE:
THIS SHOW IS PRODUCED BY OUR COMPANY, REPAINT THE WALL:
Know someone that would be PERFECT for our show? Nominate them here! https://www.whoagnv.com/nominate-a-gu...
CONNECT WITH COLLIN AUSTIN, HOST:
ABOUT THE WHOA GNV PODCAST:
THE PODCAST BRINGING YOU BUSINESSES AND INDIVIDUALS THAT MAKE YOU GO WHOA!
I, Collin Austin, founder of New Scooters 4 Less and Repaint The Wall - Gainesville's Digital Media Un-Agency, and Michael Dees, CEO of New Scooters 4 Less, are out to bring you incredible and inspiring stories of entrepreneurs, businessmen and women, and other awe-inspiring leaders. Hear the fascinating challenges individuals have had to persevere through. Soak in the wisdom of talented men and women that have had the grit and focus to get to glory. Reflect on their life-altering stories. Join in and celebrate the wins with them (and us) as well. If it makes you go “WHOA!”, it’s on this podcast! Educate yourself and grow as we come together EVERY Monday at 8am to learn from the BEST.
We're out to accomplish 3 major goals:
1. Show off what makes Gainesville so awesome... Its stories and people! I want people outside of Gainesville to hear this podcast and go "Whoa! I want to go/move/build a business/etc. there!"
2. Keep some of our Top 7 University of Florida talent here by showing them that Gainesville is SO MUCH MORE than a place you go to college!
3. Build as many connections within the community as possible! I can't begin to tell you how many people tell me, "I heard of that business for the first time on your podcast and now I'm collaborating/doing business/friends with them!" I'm inspired by the impact this podcast has already had and can't wait to see what the future holds! Join us!
WELCOME TO GAINESVILLE’S PODCAST.
Join us on the journey and listen on...
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/whoa-gnv-podcast/id1381002391?mt=2&i...
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/whoagnv/
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/whoa-gnv-podcast
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/3vZ0Bg4FJmdx3VPKg4ehMf?si=2ET-VhjXRtqIDUTp...
- Google Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy80YjJkODIwL3B...
--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/whoa-gnv-podcast/support